Ability to create custom "Alerts Overlay"

The ability to create custom “Alerts Overlay” triggered by a custom command would make it easy for us to make a shoutout work, a raffle, duel, bet winner announced on the screen.
Other uses:

• I would like to do: pre-raid messages, where it would put the channel to be raided, message, emotes, hashtags etc in the chat but also show on the screen.
    !preraid name would be triggered bit the Caster or Moderator;
  • !duelwinner SogeKing won the duel with just one shot of his slingshot afar;
  • A streamer friend of the channel is in the chat and I want to promote it:
    !promo or !highfive to trigger a message in the chat and a simple animation on the screen containing the channel’s name, avatar/picture, a follow message, full URL, last played and the last title, with ability to decide if it would be lengthy or succinct (just the image and the channel’s name);

I added $triggerAlert response filter for commands redeem alerts (which is now basically custom alerts). Not sure how much of these in list you can do with it. Definitely not a !promo one as that is super custom and that will probably need own promo alert category in alerts

Also as I am checking it all of those needs command $param support, which I will try to implement.

1 Like

I changed naming of custom command redeem alert to custom alert as it more aligns what it does. Also added support for $param which is {message} in custom alert. That would allow to do first two use cases.

If you want a promo alert, please create separate feature request (one request per thread) so it can be tracked better. This will need add of new type alert as it will need to fetch more data from twitch api.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.