Sorry, did not get how the overlays work

I set up SogeBot locally, but I didn’t get how to use overlays/browser sources with it. Have I misunderstood how it works? Does it work like the “traditional” bots?

Hello @SnakeMagnetic,
This depends on what you need to do with overlays, but general rule is to check UI and open registry->overlays. Here you can set up overlays you want to use. If you want to use alerts, then you need to check registry->alerts

1 Like

I am not sure why, but it wasn’t working before in any of my tries on Brave and Firefox. Even updated to sogeBot 14.13 to check. It worked, but the font I chose, and the Play button didn’t work.

So, what is your issue, can you explain? Also bot is supported only on Chrome/Chromium, which is same engine as OBS is using

So, what is your issue, can you explain? Also bot is supported only on Chrome/Chromium, which is same engine as OBS is using
The only problem now is how can I customize the font to be used on the alerts? I chose one that I want, Press Start 2P, but it kept the default one. Can I use any of the local ones I have?

Audio related, It actually worked best on Firefox, because Chromium, Brave etc make you manually go to the Settings to allow localhost to play sound where Firefox showed me the option to allow it. At least in my case.
I actually tried many times to make the text alert work, and it didn’t. Like magic (LOL) the touch of the dev from a remote site made it work :slight_smile: :).

Yes, you need to click to get audio to be playable, although this security thing is disabled in OBS. Autoplay policy in Chrome - Chrome Developers

1 Like

The song thing did not work even in OBS at the beginning ( I am using the beta version), but now works.
Pondering here that the audio no playing is more likely related with the infinite problems I am having with PipeWire on Fedora. Even swapping to PulseAudio, I am having different ones. As the sound worked, I am leaving at that. Thanks.
I’ll update to 14.14.0 and do more tests with the Fonts.