Telegram Bot

I’d love to notify my viewers via a Telegram bot when I’m live. Just like I can do with the Twitter integration.
Or that you can e.g. the chat commands can also be sent to the Telegram bot
or you get your statistics at the end of the stream (not super important).
I hope it is possible. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s possible right now with events system and telegram api.

How exactly do I do that?

1. Create custom variable, with script like, name it as you want, i’ll name it for example $_sendTelegramMessage
await url('https://api.telegram.org/bot123456:ABC-DEF1234ghIkl-zyx57W2v1u123ew11/sendMessage?chat_id=123456789&text=Stream started'

Replace here chat_id 123456789 (chat what you wanted should be announced) and telegram bot token bot123456:ABC-DEF1234ghIkl-zyx57W2v1u123ew11 with your own values.

1. Create command with i.e name !announce with response $_sendTelegramMessage

2. Create Event Listener stream started and as operation choose send command, and value is your command name (!announce)

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.

But I would have to manually enter the chat_id of everyone who should receive a message, which is not useful.It would be best if you just write to the bot and it will automatically send you messages when I go live.

I just thought you wanted to send notifications to some kind of group.

Well, then yes, need a bot for that.

I have now found a solution how it works well with the script.

I gave the bot the chat DI from a Telegram channel where it should send the messages and everyone who wants to receive the messages joins the channel. There is only one problem you cannot send emotes and with some punctuation there are also problems with the execution under Java.

+1 here, a more comprehensively thought telegram bot would be great, a sub only checker for groups would be a dream :smiley: